Tuesday, October 11, 2011

CHRISTMAS FUN



Greetings from an unusually sunny Finland. A rare sight here at the moment! My card for today, I have made for the Wild Orchid Crafts challenge. The theme being Christmas fun. As a fun element, I have steared clear of the traditional colours and chosen pink. The backing paper is from an old DCWV stack. The image is one of my new LOTV stamps, which I have coloured with Distress inks. I have added stickles to the wreaths on the girls heads, but by mistake, the ink was still wet, and the stickles took up the colour of the ink, creating a lovely effect. A mistake I WILL be making again. The punches are from Martha Stewart. And as the challenge is for WOC, I have added lots of little roses along the bottom from WOC. Haha, during the five minutes I have been blogging, it is now pouring with rain!!! I did mention that the sun in this part of the world, at this time of the year was a rare occasion! Anyway, thats me for today. Thanks for looking and hope you have a good day!

4 comments:

Sue said...

Hi ya hun
gorgeous card, luv the pink,lovely embelies & design, bloomin cold here no likey hun, sue,x

elsi said...

A beautiful pink christmascard :) Thanks for joining us at WOC ♥

Mo said...

Ohhhhh, your card is adroable...!!!
Big Hugs,
Mo

Jacque said...

Oh Jill...that is just so darling!! The image you have used and the lovely floral treatment are both so beautiful! We are so happy thatyou have joined us at the WOC Challenge and hope you will participate often! Beautiful job, sweetie!! Hugs..Jacque