Thursday, October 6, 2011

MAGNOLIA DOWN UNDER CHALLENGE


Good day all. Still raining and wet, but more reason to make cards. :D Today I have made a card for the Magnolia Down Under Challenge. It is in recognition of October being breast cancer awareness, and the theme is pink, white and gold. This is a cause very close to my heart, as I have had many friends suffer with the dreadful disease.

I have gone all out with Magnolia, using both background paper and two of their images. The image is stamped onto watercolour paper and coloured with Distress Inks. I have then cut out the shape with my new Cricut cartridge, Lacey labels, stamped it with a text stamp in gold, and embossed it. The edges are also all edged in gold. I have used gold stickles on her halo and the wand. The flowers are all from Wild Orchid Crafts, and the leaves puched with a Martha Stewart punch.

Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

annes paperfun said...

Your card is lovely!
Love the image...and beautiful details!
Thank you for joining us at MDUC this week.
Hugs Anne Kristine

Debbie Pamment said...

Oh this is just soooo sweet - the colour combo works so beautifully with your choice of Tilda and fabulous layout.
I too have had several friends suffer this awful disease - it's so nice to see it inspire beauty for a change!
Thanx so much for joining us at MDUC this week.
xXx

Sue said...

Cor you dont post for ages then i have loads to catch up on, another gorgeous card hun, beautiful embelies & design, lost my best friend many years ago she was only 34!! hugs, sue,x