Tuesday, October 4, 2011

REINTRODUCING MY BLOG!

Greetings one and all. It has been forever since I last blogged anything, because a. haven't been card making for ages, b. I am really useless at blogging, and c. nothing very exciting ever happens in my life! However, I am now going to attempt to be a bit more active!
Well, I am back in full swing making Christmas cards (ok, I have made 5!...but that is more than all the other cards put together that I have made this year. I am also going to attempt to enter some challenges, but I am crap at that too!
I have been very inspired by Mandis LESS IS MORE blog, and am trying to downsize a bit on my cards. (wonder if that link worked???) I am also inspired by all thos people who manage to fit LOADS of embellishments, plus ribbon, charms, flowers etc., but dont seem to get that right either, I find my cards become unballanced. So this card is inspired by the "less is more" thinking. I have stamped Tilda, and coloured her with Distress inks, cut out a scalloped oval with my nesties, and used a piece of backing paper behind her (from my stack that no longer has the packaging so dont know what its called) :D A bit of pearl maker round the edges... and thats it! I am now waiting for the glue to dry on my next card, where I actually managed to print the sentiment direct onto the card. (thanks Mandi). Well its a start.....

1 comment:

Mandi said...

Oh so we not seeing it? hehe
you are a riot woman!