Sunday, March 15, 2009

Magnolias spring set


Hi all. Well, I might have been M:I:A:, but I have made a few cards. I am finding it really difficult to concentrate, but everyone keeps telling me to keep busy. This is a Tilda stamp from the spring stamp club, that I have made for a friends birthday. Unfortunately, I am very bad of keeping track of what makes things are, as I have to open everything, and often get rid of the packinging before I realise. So here goes. I have distressed the edges of the paper with a Heidi Swapp distressing tool. Took me a while to get the hang of this, but this backing paper, 3ndypapir from Norway, is a lovely quality, and it seems to "bite" better on thicker paper. The edges are inked with distresses, vintage photo. The swirls were from a free set that came with one of the latest mags (?) the flower came from my box of nameless flowers, although I think the leaves are Prima. The little charm, I bought locally. Now my question is....how do you all attach charms???????????????????????? Something I am struggling with. Oh, and the image is coloured with distress inks. The lettering is chipboard "Best creations".
I will save my other cards, for the long days between postings! That way people will THINK I am busy.
Just a quick thank you to all my friends who have been there for me this week. Every little message means the world to me. I have been overwhelmed with friendship! Thank you thank you thank you! Please accept my apologies if I have not answered personally, I will get around to it eventually!
HUGS
Jillx
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Sue said...

hello my friend, whay a gorgeous card she looks beautiful, great colouring hun. I attach my charms onto some ribbon or invisable thread?? But then i rubbish! lol.sue.xx

Finjill said...

what is invisable thread??? And how do you find it if it invisable???? PMSL (see I have discovered my sence of humour is creeping back)
HUGS
Jillx

Joey said...

Hi Jill hun, how are you doing? Hope your ok. this is gorgeous love those letters along the side. your work with the tildas is always so pretty. Joey.xxx