Sunday, January 11, 2009

For a dear friend

Evening all, and I hope you have all had a good weekend! I am EXHAUSTED!!! My kids all have birthdays at this time of the year, and as we were away when my little one had his on the 3rd, we ran out of weekends to have parties, as the second one is the 9th. So yesterday, I had TWO kids parties. One starting at 14.00 and the other at 18.00. In all fairness they were well behaved, but to have 12 kids running round inside, is a bit hard on the nerves. Then today they all had friends to play, so I locked myself away and made a card. This if for a dear internet friend of mine in the UK, who kindly sends me suet at Christmas time so that I can make Christmas pudding. (they dont do suet in Finland). She is a collector of stamps, and I have been collecting for her for a while, so I made this wallet card, to send them in. I also enclosed a batch of images, as she does so much charity and church work, and all her cards go to a good cause. As ususal, I have used my dear friend Tilda, a Magnolia background stamp, and a bit of old lace, and my new found talent of making home made flowers. All coloured with distress inks, and the heart in her hand is stickeled. The words are from the cuttlebug friends folder, which I have then cut out and inked and poped up with foam pads. My newest toy, is a pricking tool (yes you also need one) which I used for the stitching.
Right, now that thats out the way, I need some help. Is there a clever blogger out there who can tell me how to fancy up my background. I hate this boring background and I want a fancy one like everyone else, but DONT KNOW HOW!!!! BOO HOOO And help will be greatly appreciated!
Well a full work week planned, as I have to make up for my Christmas break and I plan to take a week off in February. No work-no money!!!
So here is wishing you all a good week! TC, and HUGS
Jillx
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Sue said...

Hi Jill
aww beautiful card hun, gorgeous, you have been busy bee. I got my background from cutest blog on the block, think they are updating site at mo, hope that helps, luv sue.x

Unknown said...

Hi Jill, gorgeous card, my favourite too the Tilda's. As Sue says there are some lovely free backgrounds on Cutest blog on the block. If you look at my blog(hunnybunnycards.blogspot.com)
there is a link in the top left corner, although the site is closed just now for maintenance but I'm sure it won't be for long.

Barbaraxx

Joey said...

Hi Jill, oh my this is absolutely gorgeous!!! I love what you have done your tilda looks fabulous.xxx

Cardmaking Galore said...

Just lovely - Well done

Mandi said...

FAB card hunnie, loved the write up too. Anything you arent able to get hold off..HOLLAR!
I have The Cutest blog background too, they have loads. As Heather says its on our top left of our blogs, click n pick really lol

Hugs xx