Sunday, January 18, 2009

TO ALL THE OVERINDULGERS!

Twas the month after Christmas,
and all through the house,
Nothing would fit me,
not even a blouse.
The cookies I'd nibbled,
the chocolate I'd taste
At the holiday parties
had gone to my waist.
When I got on the scales
there arose such a number!
When I walked to the store
(less a walk than a lumber),
I'd remember the marvellous
meals I'd prepared;
The gravies and sauces
and beef nicely rared,
The wine and the rum balls
, the bread and the cheese
And the way I'd never said,
"No thank you, please."
As I dressed myself
in my husband's old shirt
And prepared once again
to do battle with dirt...
I said to myself,
as I only can, "
You can't spend a winter
, disguised as a man!"
So, away with the last
of the sour cream dip.
Get rid of the fruit cake,
every cracker and chip.
Every last bit of food
that I like must be banished
Till all the additional ounces
have vanished.
I won't have a cookie,
not even a lick.
I'll want only to chew
on a long celery stick.
I won't have hot biscuits,
or corn bread, or pie.
I'll munch on a carrot
and quietly cry.
I'm hungry, I'm lonesome,
and life is a bore...
But isn't that what January is for?
Unable to giggle, no longer a riot.
Happy New Year to all,
and to all a good diet.

HAHA This is what my sister just sent me. I think my web cam must be playing up! She thinks I ATE my Christmas away!!! PMSL Cameras NEVER lie!

2 comments:

Sue said...

PMSL Jill
that is brill hun, gona have to copy n paste that, that made me laugh, sue.xx

Unknown said...

Brilliant, very clever and funny, made me laugh too.

Barbarax