Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Hallo


HALLO again! Well fianally a card, but it has taken me all day to make it!!! I have been a bit distracted, as I have been playing on Facebook. I have finally managed to trace some of my old nursing friends from South Africa, after 20 years, so there is a whole lot of catching up to do!
And now for the card - sorry about the bad image. I find that when the cards have "height" they dont scan well, because the lid does not go down properly. This is an engagement card for OH's niece. I have kept the wording down to the names, quite simply as they both speak different languages and I though this way it was "neutral" No stamping this time, a homegrown flower, which is inked with distresses , ooops and STAMPED with a text stamp. The swirls are sizzix, the leaves are from old stash, the tiny roses have been sitting in my box for years. Three little pearly stick ons and a bit of stickes on the petals. The hat pin is bought locally from Tiimari. The text is computer generated, with Vivaldi font.
Apart from that, it is snowman weather here. It snowed quite a bit in the night and the temp is now hovering round 0, so you can build snowmen!
Thats about all for now! Take care all!
HUGS, Jillx
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Sue said...

Oh WOW Jill what a beautiful card it looks absolutley stunning hun,the flowers are gorgeous, they will be delighted with it, i would.
Have ya built me a snowman please??? Keep warm hun.xxx

Mandi said...

Oh thats fabulous! You may take a while but they are stunning hun...as Scoopy says, KEEP WARM xxx

Finjill said...

Aaaaaaw thanks guys! Only took a long time, as I was not concentrating!!! Thinking of other "unsavoury" things! PMSL my adolescent past............

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card Jill, love the colours and the 'homegrown flower' would love to know how you make one of those!

Wrap up well.

Barbarax

Mandi said...

Something for you on my blog xoxo

Sue said...

Hi Jill
something on my blog to!! lol, your tagged! sue.xx

Joey said...

Something on my blog for you too hehe :O) lovely card hun very elegant. joey xxx

Sue said...

You gone into hiding now cause what you been left on blogs!! lol. I see you may be thinking of comming to AP in April, i really hope you make it hun would luv to meet up, sue.xxx

Sue said...

JILL JILL JILL JILL, can ya hear me??? Guess what i hade bout 3inch snow for half the day!!! LOL
Spring cleaning???? butbut its not spring yet!!! PMSL. I should do mine then when the sun does come out i can go out!! lol. Yep cost ya fortune to come over hun, i still me fingers crossed ya make it hun,xxxx