Sunday, October 24, 2010

A BOX...

Greetings from a cold wet and yuk Finland! I am soo over this weather already!!! Bring on the snow!!! Due to the fact that it was too wet to go out, I spent the day alone, in my craft room. I had this bright idea that I TOO would make a box, as I have seen so many of these pretty boxes on other peoples blogs. BIG MISTAKE!!! It took me all day, and it was hard work!!! However, after many moments of swearing, it is now finished...and I dont think I will make anymore! PMSL. There is not much to report on it. I used a fairly stiff basic white card stock for the actual box, distress the edges with walnut stain, brushed corduroy and old paper. I then covered it with note paper, which I also distressed. The sentiment is a Magnolia, stuck onto a nesties lable, the flourishes are from sizzix. The flowers are from my stash. I have used a magnetic closure on the flap, which I have glued a bead onto. I chose to use the hot glue gun on this project as it needs to be held together firmly. I am probably going to end up keeping this, as I am sure that if I place a slab of chocolate in it, the receiver would probably eat the choc and throw the box out... AND IT TOOK ME A WHOLE DAY TO MAKE IT!!!
And on that note, I want to wish you all a good week! HUGS














3 comments:

Mandi said...

Oh Jill that is absolutely fabulous!!
If I was the receiver Id not throw it ever!

mandi xx

Finjill said...

AAAAAHHHHH thanks Mandi½

Joey said...

Jill it is gorgeous hun, I love those punched leaves and I love the script music paper, gorgeous work. Joey.xx